Thursday, December 04, 2008

Plans

Hello internet. Long time no talk, eh? I wish I could say that I've been so busy doing all sorts of really cool exciting things and that's what's kept me regailing my loyal followers with witty prose, buuuuuuut, no. I got nothing. It's been pretty boring around here.

So, one more 'cross race and the season's over. Illinois State CX Championships! Yeah, well, it'll just be circles in the snow for me, but it should be a good time. I had a blast at this race last year, and I expect this year will be no different. Knowing a few more people in the cycling scene this go 'round won't hurt either.

After this weekend, I'm not even going to think of the bike until January. It's not like I've been riding too much. In fact, it's the opposite. But by taking the rest of the month off I won't have to feel guilty about not riding.. Pretty clever, eh? This moutain bike season was pretty lame I must say. There were a lot of legit resasons - new to the area, tight budget, etc... - but a lack of focus was big part of it. So I've decided to simplify and narrow my focus. I'm still fine tuning my race schedule for next year, but I will say this. Besides Iceman, the only scheduled races will be 12 hour and 100 mile endurance races. My goals for the season, to complete at least one Hundy and ride a complete 12 hour solo race (in past attempts I've only gone about 10 hours due to either fatigue or severe conditions).

More announcements to come, but I'm gonna wait until after this weekend. Good luck to all those racing Montrose and elsewhere, it's gonna be snowy goodness fun!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

stay warm this weekend, eh? brr.

5/12/08 10:16 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

No kidding... good thing I've already been packing on the winter blubber!!!

Good luck to you guys this weekend too!!!

6/12/08 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->