Sunday, November 18, 2007

New beginning...

This weekend was Chicago Cross Cup series #5 at Lan Oaks. I'm still getting pics up, so I'll have my race report up soon. Beside, I feel this topic deserves its own post.

This week I joined xXx Racing/AthletiCo. They are a large team in the Chicago area, somewhat akin to the Flying Rhinos for you MI folk. The team participates in Track, Road, 'Cross, and MTB disciplines. They have Juniors, Men's, and Women's development squads, and Serious and recreational riders alike. I decided to go with a big team for my first year in Chicago to help meet new people, do some networking, and basically have fun! Next year I'll re-evaluate based on my season, but I expect good things from these guys. I've been warmly welcomed already!

While it seems like a no-brainer to join a new team with the move to Chicago, it saddens me to no longer race under the "Orange Crush" of the Cycletherapy Racing team. Ernie at Cycletherapy is easily the most friendly, helpful, awesome shop owner and maybe person I've ever met! Going into his shop feels like a second home to me (as he'll attest as I still spend most of my time back in MI in his shop.. ;) )

So, for all those folks still back in MI, if you haven't already, do yourself a favor and stop by Ernie's shop one of these days. You won't be disappointed!!

Thanks Ernie!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

XXX eh? Riding with the big team!

good seein' ya this weekend, and nice photos!

20/11/07 11:06 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

Thanks Julie.. good seein' you guys too!

20/11/07 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->