Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It had to happen

Yep, it was about time.. I had a sucky ride today..

I knew things couldn't keep going the way they were. God forbid I go into race weekend feeling GOOD. Actually, I'm counting my blessings that I go this bad ride out of the way before the weekend.

I finally got ahold of some hammer gel, and followed Old Joe's liquid diet suggestions prior to riding. I didn't change my usualy diet enough to really cause me problems, just added the hammer gel water to make sure I had enough calories during the ride to keep from bonking.

I felt pretty good physically tonight, just way off mentally and technically. I'm blaming it on the shorts. I just picked up a pair of free-ride shorts, and I just wasn't comfortable in them. On top of that I had back problems for the first time this season, and just couldn't get any flow going.

There were some good moments, but lots of bad. Oh well. Like I said, I'm glad I got it out of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->