Friday, July 07, 2006

Fast times..

It had been a while since I'd gotten out to Pontiac Lake to turn a fast lap.

I've always used Pontiac lake as a benchmark for speed. It tests all skills.. climbing, cornering, downhills, technical sections.... So I try to get out there every so often with the goal of putting down my fastest lap to see where I stand.

I was pretty pleased last night.. Though I think I could be more pleased.

Bike handling was pretty good, cornering not bad, though I was a bit timid into some of the sand-over-hardpack corners, though my fasttracks did seem to hold. I think where I was most pleased was gererally how I felt, and how I was able to keep up a sustained effort.

But then the question is, where was this at stoney? Granted that's a much longer race, but I never felt that good. I think it comes back to diet, on race day and in the days leading up to it. Prior to Stoney I think I got quite dehydrated, and then a hot race day, combined with a somewhat heavy breakfast, and little water in the system to aid in digestion... bad mojo mahn..

Ahh well.. live and learn... what do I think I am, anyway? a racerboy? :D

soup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->