Wednesday, January 03, 2007

You can never go home...

Today my folks signed papers on the sale of the house that I grew up in. I was a little surprised at my reaction when the deal was finally done. It helps that the house has been pretty much empty for the last two years that it took to sell it, but I was still struck by a moment of sadness as I realized that the place that I knew I could always go home to as I grew up, muddled through college, and ventured out on my own, was gone.

I'm pretty sure I've got some pictures of the house when we still lived there, but I'm not sure where those are. Here are some pictures I took after most of the stuff was moved out.








Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

OH NO!!
You didn't, by any chance, remember to save me some of that Presidential wallpaper, did you??
Curses!

4/1/07 11:53 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

It seems there were some rolls of it somewhere. Don't know if they were left with the house, or tossed, or what... I'll see what I can find.. ;)

4/1/07 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->