Saturday, December 08, 2007

Where does the time go?

Wow... where have I been?

Not a whole lot to report these days. It's cold. Really butt crazy cold. It all started a couple weeks ago at Thanksgiving.


I joined Robert and about 15 other hardy souls for the Annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Role at Pontiac Lake State Rec Area. It was a chilly, wet, snowy day. It had rained for 24 hours prior, and then a couple inches of snow on top of that. Not the best conditions, but a fun time was had by all!! I started off riding a pretty good clip, but then slid out pretty good on an off cambre section and took it pretty easy from then on. After the ride I managed to get a couple pics...


Our fearless leader


A couple mysinglespeed.com boys...


My buddy Andy's hot new Soul Cycles Hooligan.


Time to go home.

It continued today with a xXx team ride up to Highland Park. 15 Degress with a wind chill of 8 at ride time. Got in 50 miles in 3.5 hours. I think I've just about got my winter gear down to a science. I was layed up pretty good today. My only downfall was when we stopped in HP. I had a cold apple juice, and got a bad case of the shivers. They continued pretty bad until we finally got back on the road and up to speed.

Tomorrow is the last Chicago Cross Cup race of the year. The Illinois State Cross Championships! After this morning's frosty ride, I decided the wise thing to do is to race only the Cat4a's in the after noon. Getting my gear all sweaty in the morning, and trying to race again in the afternoon would not be such a good thing. So, one more cross race of the season. I don't know what my goals are for this on. Probably just staying upright will make me happy. Some folks went out to "dig out" the course today, but I still expect it to be a challange. Last year's pics show some pretty gnarly off cambre turns. Wish me luck!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Who said...

Oh, man, that looks like a lot of fun. Tell you what – this winter we'll go for some DEATH slogs down into Calumet or elsewhere. I'm serious.

Oh, and awesome write-up for the Montrose race. I'm sorry I missed the fun and excitement.

11/12/07 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->