Friday, June 06, 2008

No Mas

Well, I've finally given in. I can honestly say that up to this point I've not let the high price of gas dictate my travel plans whether they pertain to racing or just travel in general. But I've just tossed out my completed Ore 2 Shore regsitration having decided that the race just isn't work the $200+ in gas alone it would take to get up there :(

I'll also be sticking to the WORS races that are closer to home, say within 2 hours, and always (hopefully) carpooling.

On the plus side, I'm saving those non gas-buying pennies and should soon have one of these


I'm getting the 24" model.. all the better to email you with!


I was a little concerned about going back to a Mac after all these years since college, but after playing with my friend Tom's, I'm hooked. Then again, I was hesitant to spend $300 on an MP3 player until I touched an iPod.

This is all predicated, of course, on getting my money back from Dell. Jimmy came through with help getting the monitor returned, but I guess it's up to the powers that be to actually refund my money. It's been a week, but I was asked to wait 10-15 business days from when they receive the monitor, so I will. Pray for me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mac, huh?

Welcome to the dark side! It'll take about 3 months before you feel dirty using Windows...hehehe

6/6/08 11:07 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

Hahaha... I haven't even bought it yet and I already feel dirty using Windows....

I would have built a faster and cheaper PC for my photo editing, but MS really screwed the pooch with Vista, so I'm out!

6/6/08 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm hoping that mom gets your leftovers after you upgrade to your next MAC in about 3years, whatcha say kiddo?

6/6/08 3:46 PM  
Blogger Greg Heck said...

Well, if you are still interested in Ore to shore, I was thinking about making the trip, but was of the same feeling as you about the price. Too expensive to make the trip on my own.

7/6/08 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you go Mac
You never go back.

:)

I've owned at least 12 different Macs in the past 10 years. Loved every one of 'em and had minimal to no issues with software or hardware.

Makes Windoze a thing of the past when you start realizing how easy you'll incorporate your photography into the Mac.

7/6/08 11:35 PM  
Blogger Soupy said...

Greg - I'll keep that in mind!

Paolo - Yeah, I'm already pretty psyched just from watching the tutorials on apple.com.. I'm especially excited to start using Aperture!

8/6/08 12:05 AM  
Blogger julie said...

ben came up with the 4 hour rule last year- that we don't drive more than 4 hours for a race. i like that rule. i mean, the 7 hours each way to some of these races is un-fun.

10/6/08 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->