Sunday, August 05, 2007

Long time no update...

Well, I don't know if I'll ever get back on a regular schedule of updating this blog. The fact is there are a lot more important things I need to focus my energy on these days. But I'll try. In the free time that I do have, I've been working on bikes.. (go figure) Here's some of the results.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



I removed both derailurres (Duh) and the rear break. I had to drill out the rear drop outs (wish I'd gotten a picture of those) as they were only half 'open' from the factory, so you couldn't slide the wheel back and forth to adjust chain tension. That was an ordeal that took almost all afternoon with a drill and a rat tail file.

Then there's the oh so trendy bullhorns



I just flipped and chopped the original steel drop bars. Not sure if I'll get a bmx style brake leaver or leave it as is. One thing's for sure. I better make the rear wheel fixed soon, cuz one brake ain't enough to stop my fat ass!

So the last thing to do is to chop the downtube shifter lever mounts



And get a fixed/free rear hub and rebuild the wheel. Then I'll have my little urban hipster fixed commuter. I'll be SO Chicago...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SourDad said...

Hey that ride looks much more cool, or is that cooler, that the original.

Heard you'll be at O2S, good luck.

8/8/07 1:32 PM  
Blogger Soupy said...

I dunno.. aren't you the teacher?? ;) It's good to know I still have a reader after such a long absence. :D

8/8/07 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->