Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good things come to those who wait.. and wait...

After much anticipation and all the "adult" patience I could muster, I finally have taken possession of my new iMac! I had to drive out to the distribution center in Northbrook, but it was worth the drive, and the wait!

I'm going to need a bigger desk now though. Looking at the 24" screen is kind of like sitting in the front row at the movies. I have to look up to see the top and down to see the bottom. It's HUGE!! No more shuffling tool bars and palettes in Photoshop though...

On the same day I got an email from Dell saying that they've credited my account for the monitor fiasco. Thank God. Had they been able to actually deliver the monitor to me in a reasonable amount of time, I'd still be slogging through on the 8 year old dog of a PC.. I may be jinxing myself as the money hasn't hit my account yet, but I've got faith.

Props to Jimmy P., Customer Liaison at Dell. It's sad that I had to complain in public before I could get anyone willing and capable of helping me out, but I'm glad I met Jimmy. Kudos (I know he's reading this.. ;) ) An email will be going to your supervisor as soon as I work out the details and my letter to Mr. Dell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

how have you been man!? how has chicago been treating you?

22/6/08 11:01 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

I'm good. Chicago's alright. Not enough dirt though. I miss the trails in michigan.

You graduated yet?

23/6/08 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->