Monday, September 22, 2008

Jackson Park - Chicago Cross Cup #1



Cross season is under way! xXx Racing was in charge yet again of the kick off race, and I must congratulate Greg for putting together one very smooth, well run race, and an awesome course design to boot! If I can get a few more courses designed by mountain bikers, I might just be ok this season!

The day started at 6am as a hearty bunch of us met at the Park to put up posts, tape, flags, and banners to make Gregs vision a reality. The time really flew! Having gone over the course with Greg and Mike the previous week really helped. Before I knew it it was 9:30 and races were ready to get underway and the course was ready to rock!

Waking at 5am I had the option of getting out of bed and getting my gear together or sleeping in a few more minutes. I chose the latter, and pretty much had myself talked out of racing by the time I left the apartment. After all, I haven't been riding much, money's tight, blah, blah, blah... But once I saw the course, I knew I had to dig my tires in! So I headed back for home to get my gear together and made it back in time to shoot the Cat 4 Women and Juniors.















The rest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->