Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Belated

Wow... almost missed it all together.

One year ago this past Saturday this stupid blog was born. And I must admit, I feel a little irresponsible for bringing this poor little thing into this world. In the past year I've made some mistakes. I've neglected it on occasion. I've failed to give it direction. In fact, it's very conception was just meant to be used to better my racing. How very shameful...

But now it's hear, and like all struggling young bloggers, I'm doing my best to keep it alive.

So to commemorate this 1st birthday (and perhaps to better illustrate my point about it's lack of direction) I've chosen a new title and created a new banner to go with it. Originally (as I've said before) I envisioned this blog as simply a means to track my training and racing progress. But I've kind of been bitten by the blogging bug. I like the idea of having a place to expound on an event or thought that occurs during the day (perhaps this explains why days go by between posts... ) The title and description of the blog became increasingly inapt to the content, so they had to go. I like how some people change their header/marquee/masthead on a regular basis, keeping things fresh. However, given the considerable hangover from the brain wrangling I had to do to come up with this new title, I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge. And I sure don't have the time to create new graphics all the time. But, I may attempt to change it up once or twice a year, so stay tuned.

So, hope you like the slightly new look. A whole template re-do may be in order as well. And, really, I'm not quite done with the header. It needs some color. So check back often!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->