Friday, February 02, 2007

TIVO brain.

I think I've discovered the major drawback of my beloved TIVO.


I've always had a slight tetch of the ADD. For this reason, TIVO has been a god send while trying to get scores that scroll across the bottom of the screen, or weather or traffic updates. And for sports, being able to control my own replays is awesome. Then of course the ease of recording entire series of shows, and then skipping right past the commercials... The list goes on and on.

But I'm discovering a disturbing side effect (at least as far as I can tell, I've not done any in-depth scientific testing on this or anything.) My ADD is getting WORSE. It seems I'm constantly tuning out that important detail (date, time, plot line, etc...) while listening to NPR in the morning, and I'm totally flummoxed when I realize I can't just rewind any old TV cuz I stopped paying attention for the last couple minutes! It even is starting to creep into my personal conversations!! Damn you TIVO!!

So, if I should suddenly whip out a remote and try to rewind you the next time we speek, blame TIVO.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

What?

5/2/07 9:49 AM  
Blogger Soupy said...

exactly!

5/2/07 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->