Friday, February 16, 2007

bloggers

What makes great bloggers?

I'm not exactly a follower of blogs, except for those written by my friends. But I know that some people follow the blogs of complete strangers as religiously as they would their favorite sitcom.

Is it the sense of humor? Variety of content? Consistent updating? Pictures? I guess it depends on the reader. But since I lack all of the above, I can see why I have few readers ;)

I've never fancied myself much of a writer. I pretty much feel foolish anytime I put my thoughts down on paper (so to speak). This blog was really never intended to be read by anyone but me. It was going to be a journal of how I felt after training/racing to try to better track my eating and training practices to improve my consistency on race day.

Then I got a stats tracker, you know, for fun. And now I'm wondering what I could do to increase my readership. I dunno. Is it vanity? Is it just an experiment in manipulating the world around me? It sure ain't for lack of better things to do with my time.

I think what I really need is for spring to get here so I can start riding all the time again and write about that!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Deej said...

I know exactly how you feel. I started mine to have an outlet for thoughts and stuff, now that a few people I know have them It's become much more. It' like telling people how you feel without directly telling them, you know? I think it's cool and I'm pretty into it now. I check people's blogs for updates everyday.
And a few of us have made it a place to talk trash and get pumped about racing this year.

17/2/07 8:01 AM  
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Start writing about Britney Spears :-)

18/2/07 7:49 PM  
Blogger Soupy said...

no doubt! I could become the first biker-azzi!! :D

18/2/07 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->