Thursday, February 22, 2007

Change is good

Ok. So if you've come back to the site a couple times in the last few days you may have noticed that my banner, masthead, or whatever you care to call it has changed. And changed again. And yet again.

I think I've settled on this for a while. I'm really just experimenting until I come up with a template where I can just plug future changes in. I think I'm there. I'm not 100% happy with the current banner, but I'm tired of changing it, so I promise I'll put some real thought into the next one and post only the final version.. ;)

On a separate note, I started an experiment a few weeks ago and it's proving quite interesting. While I know there's no way in hell I could expect to generate any serious revenue from this site, I decided I'd like to see how the whole dealio works for those people that do. So, as I'm sure you noticed, I started running ads on the site. Apparently they rank the most current information higher in terms of ads that are displayed because in my last post I alluded to my blog as a newborn, and the next thing I know all my ads are geared towards motherhood and birthing sites!! Now I know there's a way for me to filter for the sites I want to advertise, but I think that's more of on a ad by ad basis, but we'll see. Of course I'd prefer that the ads remain bike related, but we'll see I guess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->