Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My hump (day)

Man, two days off the bike and I feel like a fish out of water.

I think I'm going into a little revolt against the weather, though.. ENOUGH OF THE COLD, BRING ON THE WARM!!!

At least last week we had sun. Now comes the inevitable grey, cold, wet blahs... =[ Ahh well... at least I know warm sunny days are SOMEWHERE on the other side. =]

A friend recently said he's racing Yankee springs (my first race of the season) to win. It made me wonder, "what am I racing for?". At one time I just wanted to podium at a local xc race or time trial. But now that I'm planning on racing singlespeed, where manytimes there's only one catagory for all men, I'm not so sure that's even possible. Mainly I think I'm just racing for the comraderie, the funny moments, and that extra motivation to get up early on a saturday morning to go ride when the bed is just a little too comfy.

What do you race for?

soup

4 Comments:

Blogger Alden said...

don't fret, soupy. there's a sport/beg ss class at yankee. you'll get on the podium. i promise!

22/3/06 12:50 PM  
Blogger cerebral scribbles said...

sex and fame. I race for sex and fame...and external validation...and well, no, that's it. Sex, fame and external validation. So far it hasn't paid off.

22/3/06 4:54 PM  
Blogger Soupy said...

I dare say it has.. at least you've always got your kickstand!!

22/3/06 5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do it for the taste of the beer at the finish line! it always seems to taste better after 2-hours of leg burin, lung tearing, trail blazing.

oh yeah there is a sport/beginner SS class and expert/elite class.

23/3/06 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->