Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still time left...




Only 3 days left till Climb Detroit. There's still time to make your pledge here. I go up at 9:15. I really have no idea how long it's going to take to climb 70 flights.. 20 minutes?? I guess it depends on how many times I stop to puke... Bah, I'll be ok.. It won't be easy, but I plan on passing DJ by the 3/4 point (wink wink)

And now to talk about manly-man things. These freakin' ads for women's health and pregnancy are starting to weird me out (not that there's anything wrong with healthy pregnant women... I'm just not one of them).

So, it's been a full 2 weeks since I've been on the bike!!! I'm going nuts! I took a week off after my snowboarding crash. Since then I've been running/hiking/climbing to prepare (if you can call it that) for the stair climb. The weather is turning nice. Well, nice is a relative term. When it's been in the single digits for weeks, 30 degrees starts to feel like shorts and t-shirt weather. I'm lovin' it! But I'm not getting any miles in >:( And who knows if I'll even be able to walk next week... :D

Oh, and GO LEVI! Pretty crazy action in the Tour of California. Crazy pile up on stage one. Discovery is in Yellow courtesy of Levi Leipheimer. And another American in the top 5, Chris Horner. Just crazy to me, seeing Ivan Basso supporting Levi... I guess that's the world of cycling. And I'm sure things will change race to race.

It's been a while since I've posted a pic on this blog. If you haven't already, check out Mike's Daily Pic! I've pulled out some old vintage and toy cameras and I'll be working on taking more pics on a daily basis. And I'll be working in *GASP* film!! I'm pretty sure at some point after switching to my Canon 20d I said "I'll never go back to film!", but I miss the tactile satisfaction of working with film and developer and paper. I'll probably just scan the negatives, but I'll be processing the negatives and may even fire up the ol' enlarger once in a while as well.

So here's a gratuitous pic. One of the first images I made with my 20d. This was shot at 3200 ISO in my basement with no studio lights (obviously) hence all the noise. On top of that, this is cropped down to about 1/10th of the full frame. Still pretty amazing to me.




Laters

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Deej said...

That's a pretty lofty goal. The fact is, you don't have a chance in hell of catching me. You leave 15 minutes after I do, by then I'll be laid out in the back of an EMS van on the way to the hospital with an IV and oxygen. And that's probably going to happen right around the 10th floor.

24/2/07 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->